- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cornstarch
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2-½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup skimmed milk
- 1-cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C).
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cornstarch, salt, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg and set it aside.
- In a large bowl beat your brown sugar, oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract till it looks like a dark caramel.
- Switch to a spatula and incorporate your flour spice mix.
5. Gradually add the milk until the dough if fully incorporated.
6. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the dough and divide it into to 2 (for each scoop, you make 2 cookies) and arrange them on a lightly greased cookie tray about an inch apart.
7. Bake for 8-10 min. let them cool and enjoy!