Having the Ladies over for Super Bowl Sunday.
I think we were more excited about Bruno Mars’ Half Time Show than what the Seahawks and Broncos had in store.
(we should have bet on the Seahawks… the monkey was right… AGAIN (check the link below), next year I guess).
(http://mic.cm/1dSM8L6 via @policymic)
So, I went a little all out.
here is what we had
- Oreos (decorated and footballs)
- Vanilla Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Peanut Butter Icing
- Cheesy Black Bean Dip
- Salsa and Chips, Cold Cuts, Cheese Platter and a whole lot of drinking fun… here are a few recipes of what we had.
- 11 avocados (ripe)
- 6 Roma tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 2 yellow onions (finely chopped)
- 4 tbsp of lemon juice
- 5 tbsp ready-made salsa (slightly spicy)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tbsp of finely chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cayenne pepper (as spicy as you want it)
- Finely chop the tomatoes and onions and set them aside.
- Spoon out your ripe avocados into a large bowl and add the lemon juice to coat all the avocados.
- Using a potato masher, mash the avocados till little chunks are left. add the tomatoes and onions, season to your preference and add the cumin and parsley.
- Mix everything together and cover and refrigerate till an hour before serving. (let it come to room temperature before serving).
Cheesy Black Bean Dip Recipe:
- 1 can black beans (rinsed)
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups of corn (either canned or frozen and boiled for 3 min)
- 1/2 (~350g) can of plum tomatoes (cubed)
- Cayenne, salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 mozzarella (grated)
- 3/4 cup parmesan (granted)
- Drain the can of black beans as well as your corn (if frozen, boil for 3 min then drain).
- in a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients, season to your preference.
- Add the sour cream, mix and refrigerated.
- Before serving place the bean mix into a deep dutch pot. Add the cheeses and mix till all incorporated.
- let cool and serve.
My first attempt at building a Guacamole Football Field
Vanilla Cupcakes Recipe:
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup skimmed milk
- 24 Hershey Kisses
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F(175C), line 12 cupcake cups and lightly grease and flour a square brownie tray.
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar till pale yellow. Add the 5 eggs and vanilla, beat for 2 min till creamy texture.
- Add the flour and baking powder while alternating with the milk.
- Spoon 1 tbsp of batter in each cup, place 2 Hershey kisses then add 1/2 tbsp of batter on top. place the rest of the batter in the brownie tray.
- bake for 35-40 min or until toothpick comes out clean.
- cool, ice and enjoy.
Cream Cheese Peanut Butter Icing Recipe:
- 1 cup cream cheese icing (recipe in last post)
- 1/4 cup butter (softened
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 5 heaping tbsp of peanut butter
- combine all the ingredients and set side till the icing firms up.
- place in piping bag and decorated cooled cupcakes.