- ½ cup softened butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup yogurt (I used strawberry yogurt but you can use plain)
- 2 cups mixed frozen berries
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°F (190 C)
- First, bring your frozen berries out of the freezer to defrost.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt, and set it aside.
- In a small bowl combine the ½ cup of milk and yogurt.
- In a large bowl beat together the butter and sugar till creamy.
- Add one egg at a time and the vanilla, beat till looks like a light caramel.
- Now start adding the flour mix to the egg mixture, while alternating with the milk and yogurt mixture. When all fully incorporated fold in your berries.
8. Using an ice-cream scoop, evenly divide your batter into your lightly greased cupcake tray.
9. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the edges begin to brown.
I later topped a few of the cupcakes with some cream cheese icing, but that’s optional!
HAPPY NATIONAL CUPCAKE DAY!