We got a lovely surprise visitor in town who requested I bake whatever came to mind, and so here is a little treat to keep us warm in this never-ending winter.
- 1 cup of Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ tsp. Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) Butter (browned)
- 1 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 bag of Butterscotch Chips
- 1 cup of sliced and pitted dates, divided
- ½ cup of All-Bran Bud
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and lightly grease with butter and dust with flour a 8 in. x 8 in. baking dish.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour baking soda, and salt and set aside.
3. In a small pot, met the butter till its lightly browned, foams and smells nutty.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, egg, vanilla and yogurt for about 2-3 minutes till you get small bubbles. Then gradually add in the flour mixture.
5. After the dough is fully incorporated, pour in the browned butter beat till you get a glossy dough
(will be a bit sticky).
6. Afterwards, fold in half of the chocolate butterscotch chips, half of the dates and half of the all-bran buds.
7. Evenly spread the batter in the prepared pan, mix the remaining dates with the all-bran buds then scatter the remaining chocolate butterscotch chips and bran-dates mix over the top and gently press with your palms.