The right way to start the weekend, tea and cookies…
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 tsps of baking powder
- 2 tsp of cornstarch
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 bag of milk and white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C) and lightly grease and flour your cookie trays.
2. In a medium bowl combine baking powder, cornstarch and flour and set aside.
3. In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar until smooth and have a pale yellow color
4. Beat in the vanilla extract and egg.
5. Then gradually add a little at a time the flour mixture into the wet ingredients. The dough will be very tough. If it becomes too tough for the mixer, remove the dough and work it out on a counter till all incorporated (You can lightly wet your hands to help the process). Create a well with the dough and work in the chips.
6. Using an ice cream scoop, make a ball and split it 2 smaller balls, make evenly sized balls of dough and press them down in your palm to look like small disks.
7. Evenly lay them out on your cookie trays.
8. Bake for 6-8 minutes. Let cool on the cookie sheet until firm enough remove from tray.