chocolate chips, chocolate eggs, cupcakes, easter, easter bunnies, icing, mini cupcakes, pastel colors, pink, pipping, purple, sugar bunnies, sugar rush, sweet tooth, sweet treat, vanilla bean paste, yellow
- ½ cup of butter (softened)
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ cup of skimmed milk
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 tsps of baking powder
- 1 ½ tsps of vanilla bean paste
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180C)
- Line your mini cupcake (24) tray with mini cupcake paper and in a regular sized cupcake tray place 10 cupcake liners and set it aside.
- In a medium bowl mix your flour and baking powder and set it aside.
- In a large bowl beat your butter and sugar till pale yellow
- Add in your eggs and vanilla and beat for 2-3 minutes till creamy.
- Gradually add in your flour mix alternating with the milk
- Beat the batter till fully incorporated, and then fold in your chocolate chips.
- Using teaspoons fill your cupcake try and bake them for 10-15 minutes or till a toothpick comes out clean (be careful the chocolate chips might deceive you). For the regular cupcakes, use an ice cream scoop to evenly scoop the batter into each cup. They should bake for 15-20 min not longer or they will get dry.
- Let your cupcakes cool and then ice them
- 1 cup of butter (softened)
- 6-8 cups of icing sugar (1 kg bag of icing sugar should be perfect)
- ½ a cup of skimmed milk
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Food coloring
- Combine all your ingredients in a large bowl; whisk them well till all incorporated.
- Separate your icing in 3 or 4 smaller bowls. Add a few drops of food coloring (different colors to each bowl) to create light pastel shades of icing.
- Place the icing in the piping bags, and using different tips, frost your cooled cupcakes.
- Top them with chocolate eggs, and sugar bunnies.