- 2/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsps of ground cinnamon
- 2 apples (peeled, sliced then cut into small pieces)
- ¼ tsp of ground ginger
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- ¼ tsp of nutmeg
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of whole wheat flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 cup of raisins
- 1 cup of white sugar
- ½ cup of butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsps of vanilla paste
- ½ cup of milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
2. Grease and flour a bundt cake pan and set it aside.
3. In a medium bowl combine the flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and raisins together and set it aside.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl and add the sliced apples and coat them well.
5. In another bowl, beat the white sugar and butter together until smooth and creamy.
6. Beat into the sugar butter mix both eggs and vanilla paste until fully incorporated.
7. Gradually add in the flour raisin mix, alternating with milk till all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
8. Pour half the batter into the prepared pan. Add a little over half the apples and brown sugar mixture over the batter. Make sure to pat the apples into the batter a bit. Pour the remaining batter over apple layer then finally top the cake with remaining apples and brown sugar mixture.
9. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cake.
10. When the cake cools, dust it with a mix of powdered sugar and cinnamon.