3 chicken breast (each about 130 g) (marinated in 5-6 tbsp of Greek yogurt for 3 hours or overnight)
3 tbsp of olive oil
2 tsp of black peppercorns
2 1/2 tsp of dry basil
3-4 bay leaves
2 medium onions (finely chopped)
3-4 cardamom pods
2 tsp of minced garlic
2 cup of diced tomatoes
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C).
2. Finely chop the 2 medium onions and place then in a small bowl with the cup of diced tomatoes and 2 tsp of minced garlic.
3. Toss all the herbs together except the bay leaves into the onion tomato mix and give it a good stir till well incorporated.
(I pulled out the bay leaves out after the picture– just to show you all the herbs)
4. Take the chicken breasts out of yogurt and pat them dry. Season them with salt and pepper and place them into the baking pan and drizzle the olive oil on top. Rub the olive oil all over the chicken breasts.
5. Pour the tomato mix evenly onto the chicken breasts and tuck in the bay leaves around them.
6. Bake the chicken breasts for 40-60 minutes at 350F. Be sure that the chicken breasts are baked through.