- 1½ cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of coconut flour
- 5 tbsps of cacao powder
- ½ tsp of baking powder
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- ¼ tsp of salt
- 1 cup of chocolate chips (and a little more to sprinkle on top)
- 3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- ⅓ cup of vegetable oil
- ¼ cup of simple syrup
- 1 tsp of vanilla paste
- 2 eggs
1. Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C) and lightly grease a baking pan and set it aside.
2. In a medium bowl, mix the all-purpose and the coconut flour with the cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set it aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the mashed bananas, vegetable oil, simple syrup, vanilla paste and 2 eggs. Whisk the ingredients together till fully incorporates.
4. Add the chocolate chips to the bowl of dry ingredients, give them a little toss then gradually add the flour mix into the liquid ingredients mixture. Switch to a spatula because the batter gets pretty thick. Do not over mix the batter, over mixing may cause the brownie to be tougher.
5. Evenly spread batter in a greased baking pan, and bake for 30-35 minutes or when a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the pan (might have some crumbs, that’s ok).
6. When the brownies are fully baked, pull them out of the oven and sprinkle the top with chocolate chips. Let the chips melt and evenly spread it on the top to create a thin layer of chocoate coating.
7. Let the brownie cool then cut into squares and serve.