- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
- 4 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup of margarine
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate shreds
- 1/2 cup of milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 F (163 C) and spray a baking pan with non-stick spray.
2. In a medium bowl sift together the flour, nutmeg, cocoa powder and salt and set aside.
3. In a large bowl cream together eggs, sugar, and vanilla until well mixed. Then add the melted margarine.
4. Add the cocoa flour mixture in batches, but do not over mix.
5. Then fold in the milk chocolate chips and 3/4 cup of the chocolate shreds
6. Spread the batter evenly into your baking dish and sprinkle the remaining chocolate shreds on top. Pat them in gently.
7. Bake 35 – 40 minutes. The brownies should be soft in the middle.
8. Cool 30 – 40 minutes before cutting. They will be very gooey.