- 8 celery sticks
- 5 tomatoes
- 5 mini potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic head
- 3 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 2 tsp of Chile pepper paste
- 2 cups of Chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of 2% milk
- 1/2 cup of Tomato sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 325F
2. Wrap the garlic head in aluminum foil, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt.
3. Roughly chop all the vegetables place the wrapped garlic head and chopped vegetables on a baking tray.
4. Drizzle olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes till all vegetables are tender. ( I also broiled the vegetables for 5 minutes)
6. In a blender, pour 1/2 cup of tomato sauce and add the baked vegetables and blend till puréed.
7. Cut off the head of the garlic and press out the garlic and add it to the blender and plus a few times to purée into the vegetable
8. In a large stock pan, pour in the puréed vegetables.
9. In the same blender pour in the 2 cups of chicken stock and chile pepper paste and pulse till combined. Then add to the vegetables in the stock pot.
10. Add the 1/2 cup of milk and 3 bay leaves and allow to simmer
11. Let the soup reduce a little longer (2-3 minuets) and serve hot with crackers.