- 4 slices of Italian whole wheat toast
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 cup of 2% milk (can use more if you think is necessary)
- sprinkle of sugar (for toast before hitting the skillet)
1. In a large bowl combine the milk, eggs, cinnamon and vanilla and whisk well till all incorporated.
2. In a deep pan (about 1 1/2- 2 inches 3-4 cm) pour half the egg and milk mixture, then arrange the 4 slices of toast on top, then pour the rest of the mix onto the toast.
3. When the slices of toast have absorbed the milk and egg mixture completely, in a hot and lightly greases skillet, start to bake one slice of toast at a time. Sprinkle some granulated sugar on the toast to create a bit of caramelization.
5. When ready serve the maple syrup and fresh fruits.