- 1 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 cups of milk
- 3 large eggs
- 5 tbsp of butter (melted)
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 14 oz of mixed mushrooms (button, cremini, shiitaki… sliced)
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper (to season)
- 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup of Ricotta
- 1/2 cup of Romano cheese
- 3 tbsp of butter
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 2 cups of cooking cream
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella
- Salt and pepper
- Parmesan ( to sprinkle on top when done)
1. In a bowl, whist together the flour, salt, milk eggs and butter.
2. Heat a frying pan and spray with non stick spray. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour the batter into the hot pan, move the pan till the batter is evenly distributed and coating the bottom of the pan. When bubbles appear (1-2 minutes), flip the crepes to cook on the other side. repeat till done with the batter and set aside the prepared crepes.
1. In a large skillet pour in the olive oil, onion and minced garlic over medium and allow the garlic to cook for 1-2 minutes then add the mushrooms.
2. Generously season the sautéing mushrooms with salt and pepper, and cook until tender and lightly browned, 9-10 minutes.
3. Remove the mushrooms from heat, and stir in vinegar. Allow to slightly cool.
4. In a medium bowl have the shredded mozzarella, Romano and Ricotta then pour the cheese mixture on to the cooled mushrooms . Using a spoon mix the cheeses and mushrooms till combined.
5. Spoon in 1-2 tbsp of the mozzarella mushroom mix into the prepared crepe and roll, then place into a pan. Repeat until the pan in is full.
1. In a sauce pan, melt the butter and then add the flour and nutmeg.
2. Whisk frequently till the mixture is golden.
3. Gradually then add in the milk while whisking till all the cream + milk has been added. Season to taste and keep whisking till the béchamel starts to thicken into a creamy texture. Add in the mozzarella and whisk a little till incorporated
4. Remove from the heat. Let the béchamel slightly cool before pouring it onto the prepared crepes stuffed with mushrooms.
5. Sprinkle with parmesan and bake in a 350 F (176 C) oven for 10-15 minutes and broil on high for 2-3 minutes to warm up the crepes and to have a crispy top of béchamel with the parmesan.
Serve and Enjoy.