Adapted from Alton Brown’s Carrot Cake
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 cups of grated carrots
- 1 1/3 + 1/4 cups sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C) and prepare a round 9 inch pan by lightly greasing it and dusting it with flour and set it aside.
2. Finely grate about 6-7 carrots to make 3 cups and sent them aside.
3. In a medium bowl combine the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set It aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl combine the sugar, yogurt and eggs, and whisk till combined.
5. Drizzle in the 1/2 cup of oil till all incorporated.
6. Add the in the flour mixture and whisk till the batter has a good consistency and all the ingredients are mixed.