- 1 store bought pie crust (I used Pillsbury)
- 1/2 cup of salted butter
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of milk chocolate chip
- 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
1. Prepare the store bought pie crust as per the package instructions and allow it to cool before pouring in the filling.
2. Pre heat the oven to 325 F (165 C)
3. In a large bowl whisk both sugars and the butter till properly incorporated.
4. Add in the 2 eggs and vanilla extract and whisk for another 2-3 minutes till your batter is a pale coffee color.
5. Add in the salt and flour and beat till incorporated. Your batter will be thicker and lighter in color.
6. Using a spatula, fold in both chocolate chips and the pecans.
7. Pour the ready batter into the prepared pie crust and evenly spread it out.
8. Bake the pie for 50-55 minutes, till the top is brown and the center has set.
9. Allow the pie to completely cool before removing it from the pan.
10. Serve it with anything from whipped cream, caramel or ice cream, or just enjoy it on its on.