- 6 tbsps of unsalted butter
- ¾ cup of chunky peanut butter
- 1 ¾ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground vanilla bean
- ¾ cup of whole milk
- 6-8 tbsps of strawberry jam
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- ¼ tsp of cinnamon
- ¼ tsp of salt
- ½ cup of butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C) and prepare your cupcake/ muffin tray by lightly greasing them and dusting them with flour and set them aside.
2. In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and set it aside.
3. In a heat proof bowl combine the peanut butter and butter and microwave them for 30 seconds then mix. If the mixture is not completely melted, microwave it for an addition 15 seconds then allow the mixture to cool.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, brown sugar and vanilla until smooth.
5. Stir in the butter and peanut butter, mixing until smooth (be careful the batter will start to be slightly thick).
6. Add in the dry ingredients and stir until almost combined (it will be very thick) then add in the milk and stir until a batter forms. DON’T OVER MIX
7. Using an ice cream scoop, fill the muffin cups 3/4 of the way full.
8. Press a ½- 1 tbsps of the strawberry jam into the center of the batter, pushing it into the middle. It’s okay if it goes down the sides! (NOTE: the muffins get messy with the jam so don’t worry).
9. Crumb topping: whisk together the flour, cinnamon, salt and melted butter for a good 1-2 minutes until combined.
11. Press the tops of each generously with the crumb topping. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes.
12. Let cook before trying to remove the muffins if you did not use cupcake liners.
13. Using a knife cut out the tops of the muffins as te crumbs and jam might have spread on the tray and slipped down the side (told you it was messy, but it’s totally worth it).