- 1 ¼ kgs sweet potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- Salt and Pepper
- ½ cup of milk
- 4 tbsp of butter
- ½ tsp of nutmeg
- ¼ tsp of cinnamon
- Dash of cream
- 2 cups of regular or mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 375 F(190 C)
- In a pot with salted water, boil the sweet potato till tender for about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain the water and return the sweet potato to the pot. Heat the sweet potato on medium heat till all excess water evaporates and then add the butter and mash the sweet potatoes.
- Then add the milk and properly whisk it all together till its smooth.
- Now add in your spices, nutmeg, and cinnamon and season with salt and pepper and whisk till fulling incorporated.
- Finally add in a dash of cream to give the sweet potato a richer taste.
- Transfer it to a baking dish (all the above steps minus #1 can be done the day before–I always like to get it done the day before so its quick and easy to serve the day of).
- Top the casserole with the marshmallows.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until till center is warm.(My first batch of marshmallows got burnt so I had to remove them and re-apply a layer of larger marshmallows– was baking too many things at once and lost track of time– so note: keep an eye on your marshmallows cause they get nice and toasty really fast).