- 8 scallions
- 2-3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 ¼ cup wild rice or wild rice blend (any seasoning packet discarded)
- 4 tbsp of red-wine vinegar
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- 1 cup of pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1 lemon
- Thinly slice scallions, separating white and green parts.
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-high. Add scallion whites and cook, stirring often, until soft, 3 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- Add wild rice and cook according to package instructions.
- While the rice is cooking, lighly toast the pecans and in a small saucepan, combine vinegar, dried cranberries, and 4 tbps of water.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook until vinegar is almost absorbed, 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and add rice mixture, scallion greens, and chopped pecans. Stir well to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- For the final touch, squeeze the juice of one lemon onto the salad and toss a few time before serving it on a bed of lettuce
Serve warm or at room temperature.