- 2 cans (15 ounces each) of pure pumpkin puree
- 2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1 ½ tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 20 ounces of raisin brioche sliced in ¾ of an inch slices
- 1 cup of pecans
- 2 cups of Dulce de Leche, (homemade or store-bought) warmed
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C)
- Butter a 2-quart baking dish and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, first whisk your eggs then add in the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon
- In a measuring cup, combine the milk and cream and gradually add it to your pumpkin mixture
- Arrange bread in dish then pour custard over bread.
- Bake until custard is set, 45 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, drizzled with dulce de leche and sprinkle the pecans.