- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 ½ tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- ¾ cup of orange juice
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 1 tbsp of orange zest
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of cranberries (dried)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C)
- Butter and flour a loaf pan and set it aside.
- In a medium bowl, bring the flour, baking powder, baking sugar and salt together and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the egg, butter and sugar until creamy. Then add in the orange zest.
- Add in the flour mixture onto the egg mixture and gradually add in the orange juice.
- Finally, add in the cranberries, whisk a few times till all incorporated.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. (be careful not to burn the edges and bottom— if the center is still runny, lower the heat of the oven and allow to continue baking at a lower temperature till ready).