- 1½ cups of butter
- 1½ cups of brown sugar
- ½ cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tsps of vanilla extract
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 4 tsps of cornstarch
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of baking soda
- 3 cups of chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt and set aside
- In a large bowl beat the butter till smooth.
- Add in the brown sugar and sugar and mix till fluffy and is a light creamy color.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla and beat till all incorporated.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture into the butter and sugar mixture. The cookie dough will come together and will be crumbly (that’s what you want).
- Add in the chocolate chips and beat a few times to be evenly spread the chips in the dough.
- Wrap the dough in a log form in plastic and refrigerate for a 2-3 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C), prepare your cookie trays with parchment paper and get the dough out of the fridge.
- Cut the dough evenly and roll the cookie between your palms to make flat disks.
- Bake the cookies for 8-11 minutes. You might think they need more time to bake, but the dough comes together once it cools.
- Remove the cookies from the tray and let them rest and cool on a cooling rack.
SERVE AND ENJOY!