- 1 cup of butter
- 2/3 cup of packed brown sugar
- 2 2/3 cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 cups of chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (176 C) and line a 9×13-inch pan. (You were suppose to put either foil or parchement on the bottom but I forgot, but it wasnt too hard to pull out the pecan pie slabs after it cooled and I cut it up)Crust
- To make the crust start by creaming together the butter and brown sugar until fluffy in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add in the flour and salt and mix until crumbly.
- Press the crust into the foil-lined pan and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- While the crust bakes, prepare the filling by combining the butter, brown sugar, honey and heavy cream in a saucepan and stirring it over medium heat. Simmer the mixture for 1 minute, then stir in the chopped pecans.
- Remove the crust from the oven and immediately pour the pecan filling over the hot crust spreading it to cover the entire surface.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan and allow the bars to fully cool in the pan.
- Use the foil overhang to lift out the bars and transfer them to a cutting board. Peel off the foil, slice into bars and serve. ( I used a pizza cutter and cut the pecan pie slab into abstract shapes and pulled them out of the pan. I liked the rustic feel of it more than equally sized slices).