- 1 cup of butter
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 ¾ cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 ½ tsp of baking powered
- ¾ cup of cacao powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- 2 2/3 cups of milk
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 kg of icing sugar
- 1½ cups of milk (depending on the consistency you like)
- ¾ cups of cacao powder
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- Melted chocolate to drizzle on top (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 345 F (175 C) and lightly grease and dust with flour 2 8 inch cake pans and set them aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, and cacao powder and set it aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the butter and sugar till creamy.
- Add in the vanilla extract and eggs and whisk for 2-3 minutes till the mixture has increased in volume and is creamy and fluffy.
- Gradually add in the flour and cacao mixture into the bowl while alternating with the milk till your cake batter comes together. Scrape down the sides and make sure that none of the flour or other ingredients of the batter are stuck on the sides of the bowl.
- Evenly divide the batter into your 2 prepared cake pans and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Let the cakes cool completely on a cooling rack till you prepare the icing.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cacao powder and icing sugar and set it aside
- In a large bowl, beat the butter till its smooth and creamy.
- Add in the vanilla and gradually add in the icing sugar and cacao powder mix with some milk till you get a batter like consistency. Be careful not to add too much milk or your batter will be runny and it will be difficult to create a thick layer of icing between your 2 cakes.
- Once you get the consistency you like, and your cakes have completely cooled you can now ice your cake.
- I also added melted chocolate on the top of the cake.
- Refrigerate the prepared cake till about an hour before you would like to serve it.
SERVE AND ENJOY
P.S. Sorry for the lack of photos, I was baking too many things at the time that it slipped my mind! (: