- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 tsp of vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 tsp of almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups of shelled pistachios (salted or unsalted– I prefer salted)
- 1 cup of white chocolate (to melt and drizzle on top – Optional)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 300F (150C) and line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone sheet.
2. In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt and baking powder and set it aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar and the olive oil till incorporated.
4. Add the almond extract and vanilla bean paste and whisk a few more times, then add in the eggs and beat for about 1 min till frothy.
5. Add in the flour mixture and beat to create the batter. Do not over beat the batter so it does not get tough. Be careful this batter is very sticky!
6. Fold in the cranberries and pistachios
7. Lightly oil your hands and use a spatula to create a log with the batter onto your baking sheet.
8. Bake for 35-40 min then let it cool for 10 minutes before slicing the log. When sliced, bake them at 275 F (135 C) for another 10 minutes. I don’t like to over bake my biscotti. I like them a bit chewy.
9. Once cooled you can serve and enjoy them any way you like. They can stay up to 4 days in an air tight container (that’s if they stay that long).
(P.S. I burnt my white chocolate so I wasn’t able to use it)