- 2 ½ of all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup of agave syrup
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- ¾ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of almond milk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups of pitted dates (halved)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F (180 C)
- Lightly grease and flour a loaf pan and set it aside
- Mix both flours, baking powder, ginger, and cinnamon in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a sauce pan, on low heat, melt the coconut oil, syrup and sugar till all combined into one think syrup.
- Once melted, place the syrup in a large bowl and add the flour mix to it.
- Then add the egg and almond milk and beat till all incorporated.
- With a spatula fold in 1 ½ cups of the dates.
- Pour the mixture in the prepared cake pan then top it off with the remaining dates.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, use a toothpick to test if the cake is done. Dont over bake or it gets too dry (top of my loaf got a bit dry so be careful– I brushed it with some simple syrup for both appearance and to soften the top of the loaf)
Serve with a nice cup of tea, ice cream or even just on its own.