I really love baking, but sometimes it’s ok to take a shortcut with some ready made cake mixes, and just bring it up a notch with a few more ingredients. Here is a nice and easy recipe for a cold rainy fall afternoon!
- 1 bag of 15/14oz of red velvet cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of butter (soft)
- 1 tbsp of milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (180 C) and prepare your sheet trays with parchment or with a light grease.
- In one bowl, bring together the cake mix, egg, vanilla, milk and butter until all incorporated.
- Add in the chips and fold them in with a spatula.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the dough and separate the dough about an inch between each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes.
- Let the cookies completely rest before digging in- they are fragile- but I couldn’t wait ha!