- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg and 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup of butter (softened and in pieces)
- 3/4 cup of jam (I picked fig and apricot but you can use any kind you like)
- Raw sugar to sprinkle on top
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. Gently mix together then to fully bring the dough together, turn out the dough onto a slightly floured surface and work the mixture to form a soft dough (in 10 minutes the dough will start to come together– it may take a while so just be patient with the dough).
5. Right before pulling out the dough from the fridge, preheat your oven to 350 F (180C) so its ready for baking later.
6. After being refrigerated, remove the dough from fridge and knead the dough a couple of times to soften it up again.
7. Roll out the dough to 1/8 inch (little less than 1/2 cm) thickness on a board wrapped with cling wrap (makes it easier to flip the dough into the pan).
8. Transfer to an spring pie pan (I did not grease my tin).