- 1 cup of unsalted butter, diced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp of salt
- 250 g of 70% chocolate chunks
- 150 g of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Sea salt to sprinkle on top
1. In a large bowl whisk together the flour baking powder, baking soda and salt and set it aside.
3. Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Line 2 baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
4. Put the butter, granulated and beat the butter and sugar until a thick paste forms with no visible butter lumps.
5. Add the vanilla and almond extracts and mix well.
6. The mixer on low speed, add the egg and egg yolks, one at a time, mixing well between additions. Stop the mixer and scrape down the bowl with a rubber spatula.
7. Gradually add in the flour mixture into the butter mixture, stopping frequently to scrape down the bowl. Mix until just combined. Will be crummy. Bring it together with your hands.
8. Finally fold the chocolate into the dough with your hands.
9. Using an ice cream scoop,scoop the dough and using your hand shape them into disks then arrange the cookies on your lined cookie trays.
10. Sprinkle the sea salt over each cookie. Bake for 12-14minutes, rotating the pans once, until just set and bottoms are beginning to brown
11. Cool for 10 minutes on the pans before transferring to a rack to cool completely