* 3/4 cup of dried prunes, chopped
* 2 cups of dates, chopped
* 3 cups of raisins
* 1/3 cup of cranberries
* ¾ cup butter
* 1 cup brown sugar (I pulsed it in a food processor to be superfine)
* ¾ cup Agave (or you could use honey or molasses)
* ½ cup strong black coffee (made it with 2 tsp of Nescafe Powder and 1/2 Cup of water)
* 1 tsp of vanilla
* 3 cups of glace cherries (mixed red and green)
* 1/2 cup of toasted almonds (chopped)
* 1/2 cup of walnuts (chopped)
* Zest & juice of 4 clementines
* 1 large sweet lemon’s juice and zest
* 1 tsp of five spice
* 2 tsp cinnamon
* 2 tsp powdered ginger
* 1 tsp cloves
* 2 tsp nutmeg
* 3 tbsp cocoa
* 3 eggs
* 1⅓ cups all purpose flour
* 1 cup ground almonds
* ½ tsp baking powder
* ½ tsp baking soda
1. In a medium bowl stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and cocoa powder and set it aside.
2. In a large saucepan melt the butter over medium heat and add the raisins, dates, prunes, cranberries, brown sugar, vanilla, agave, spices, coffee and the lemon & clementine zest and juice.
3. Bring to a gentle boil and very slowly simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 30-45 minutes.
5. When cool stir in the flour mixture and the eggs.
6. Add the ground almonds and fold through the boiled mixture. Fold in cherries, almonds and walnuts. Pour into prepared baking pan.
7. Bake at 300 F (150C) for 1 ½ to 2 hours depending upon the size of your pan. I baked mine for 1 hr 40 min, which kept the center a little more moist. The cake should feel firm to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted should come out clean. The cake should be cooled completely in the pan on a wire rack before removing.
8. My cake was a bit fragile but you can bake your cake a bit longer if you want it to be firmer.
Serve and Enjoy!!