* 1 cup quick oats
* 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
* 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
* 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
* 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
* 1/2 tsp of salt
* 2 tbsp of coconut oil butter, melted
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 1 large egg
* 1/2 cup of honey
* about 1 cup of milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 F (165 C) Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
2. In a medium bowl mix all the dry ingredients (the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt)
3. In a large bowl whisk the coconut oil and vanilla. Then add in the egg and honey.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and use a wooden spoon to stir until it has just come together (don’t over mix). Add half the chocolate chips and leave the remaining half for after the dough comes out of the fridge.
5. Refrigerate the dough for about 30 minutes. Right before bringing out the dough from the fridge, pre-hear your over. When the dough is out mix in the remaining half of chocolate chips.
6. Using an ice cream scoop to measure out the dough then use your hands to shape the dough into roughly 8 large cookies
7. Place on the prepared baking sheet and separate about an inch apart
8. Bake in the preheated oven for about 11-12 minutes, or until they have just started to brown on the edges.
9. Let cool on the pan for a few minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
It’s a great treat to satisfy your sweet tooth without all the guilt.