- 118 grams of unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup of butter (softened)
- 2 cups of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp of ground vanilla bean
- 1 ¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of white chocolate chips
- 285 grams dark chocolate (chopped)
- 1 cup of cream (heated)
- 2 tbsp’s of light or dark corn syrup
- 2 tsp’s of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 F (165 C) and lightly butter and dust with flour your mini cupcake tray and set it aside.
2. Melt the 115 grams of chocolate in a saucepan over low heat. Once it’s melted, set it aside for 15 to 30 minutes, allowing it to cool.
3. In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
4. Add in the eggs and the vanilla bean till all incorporated.
5. Now drizzle in the cooled chocolate till all combined.
6. Finally, add in the flour and whisk till the batter is completely mixed
7. Fold in the white chips until they’re incorporated.
8. Scoop generous teaspoons of batter into each mini cup of your already prepared tray.
9. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until set. Remove and allow the chocolate puddles to cool before removing them from the pan.
10. I used both a metal tray and silicon cups. The silicon cups were not as succesful as the metal tray. (not all recipes are perfect, but they are delicious drops od chocolate love).
11. I also would suggest putting liners next time as its easier to remove from the trays.
12. Chocolate ganache: in a medium bowl add the chopped and set it aside.
13. In a heat proof bowl, combine the cream and corn syrup and heat them in the microwave till the cream simmer.
14. Once the cream simmered, add vanilla then pour over chopped chocolate.
15. Stir until chocolate totally melts and mixture is smooth.
16. With a tsp, spoon the chocolate into the chocolate puddles and sprinkle them with sea salt. Place them in the fridge for an hour or 2 till they set.
17. Bring out of the fridge to get to room temperature.
Serve and Enjoy