- 14 tbsps of raw cocoa powder
- 2 ¼ cups whole-wheat flour
- 4 tsps of baking powder
- ¾ tsp of salt
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cups of butter
- 1 ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 cup of rown sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup of strong coffee
- ¾ cup of whole milk
- 450 grams of Chocolate (chopped)
- ¾ cup of Milk
- 1 cup of Butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F (180 C) and prepare 2x 9inches pans with butter and flour and set them aside.
- In a medium bowl sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and raw cocoa powder and set it aside.
- In large bowl beat together the butter, sugar and brown sugar for about 5 minutes till creamy.
- Add the 3 eggs and beat till fully incorporated.
- In a measuring cup mix together the coffee and milk.
6. Stir in half the flour and cocoa mix into the sugar mixture and gradually add in the coffee and milk mixture. Continue to do this till all your dry and wet ingredients are combined and properly mixed.7. Divide the batter evenly into your 2 perapred pans.
8. Bake your cake for 25-35 minutes or till a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cakes. Let them cool before frosting.
9. Chocolate Ganache: Place your chopped chocolate in a large bowl.
10. Heat the ¾ cups of milk till it simmers then pour it onto the chocolate.11. Slowly mix the milk and chocolate till the chocolate has complelty melted.12. Gradually add in pieces of butter till you put in the entire cup. I whisked the butter in 3-4 tbsp batches.13. Let the cakes cool and the ganache reach room temperature before assembeling your cake.
14. For decoration I toasted some slivered almonds.
Serve and ENJOY!